Chief Business Officer
Reporting to CEO, the Chief Business Officer will be a major contributor in shaping the future success of Cyteir. He/she will work closely with the CEO, executive management team and the Board of Directors to drive the long range corporate strategy for product development, private and public financings. The CBO will be responsible for identifying, evaluating, as well as negotiating and completing significant business transactions within large pharmaceutical and/or top-tier biotechnology companies to include partnering, in-licensing, and M&A.
The CBO must have a broad business orientation and will have responsibility for the following:
- Work closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and members of the executive team and Board of Directors to drive CYTEIR corporate strategy and long-range plans, including product development strategy and financing strategy.
- Design an executive business roadmap of potential business opportunities, including internal and external development programs, and financing opportunities through partnerships or equity financing (private and public).
- Lead the identification and evaluation of opportunities for in-licensing.
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop technical, clinical and financial assessment of all new business opportunities (internal and external).
- Effectively present to pharma and biotechnology organizations the potential benefits of partnering or licensing with Cyteir.
- Negotiate significant company contracts, including licensing deals.
- Monitor competitive intelligence by keeping up to date on market trends, competitors and opportunities.
- Provide regular presentations in various company forums including company and Board of Directors meetings. Ensure that all relevant supporting documentation for transactions (including external presentations, opportunity reports, management presentations, Board memos and other deal communication materials) are of the highest quality and are prepared, reviewed and approved as appropriate.
- Cultivate a strong and effective partnership with R&D and clinical development teams to evaluate the potential new therapies and to integrate a commercial perspective early in the research and development process.
- Advanced scientific degree is preferred, MBA a plus
- Over ten years of business development, corporate development, or strategic pipeline experience within the pharmaceuticals and biotechnology industry, identifying new products with in-licensing, out-licensing, and strategic partnering opportunities.
- Experience in building a successful biotech company through IPO a plus
- Proven track record of identifying opportunities and, structuring, negotiating and closing transactions including strategic alliances, M&A, licensing agreements, joint ventures, equity investments, etc.
- In depth knowledge of financial analysis, corporate and product valuation as necessary to engineer such deals.
- Established pharma business development network in the oncology space, with relationships with big pharma BD leadership.
- Extensive transactional experience with evidence of value creation in oncology.
- Deep knowledge of the hematology/oncology market and treatment landscape in the US, and Europe.
- Deep analytical and financial modeling experience.
- Experience with private and public fundraising
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills, with the ability to inspire confidence and work successfully with varied audiences including industry partners, financial institutions, Board of Directors, fellow management and employees.
- Strong executive presence.
- Entrepreneurial, collaborative, energetic self-starter with strong interpersonal and analytical skills and proven ability to work effectively with a CEO and other senior management as a strategic partner.
- Strong scientific orientation, ideally oncology therapeutics. Can establish and maintain credibility with internal and external scientific and business experts.
- Desire to be part of a team and organization where patient focus, scientific and business excellence are shared values.
- Commitment to be a leader and culture builder.
- Hard working and energetic.
- This is a full time, office-based position in Lexington, MA
Chief Business Officer
Location: Lexington MA