Associate Project Manager
Reporting to the VP, Research and Development Project Leadership, the Associate Project Manager supports research and development projects for Cyteir’s clinical stage lead compound CYT-0851, for translational biomarker research and development projects, as well as for discovery biology projects. He/she will work closely with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced and exciting environment to assure appropriate planning and budgeting as well as timely execution of critical corporate goals.
Under supervision of Program Lead, provide general project management support for an oncology program which includes both clinical-stage and discovery-stage projects. Project management support includes:
- Project planning and building timelines with identified dependencies (Sets the project schedule, aligns resources and provides ongoing analysis of financial and schedule performance)
- In conjunction with the Project Team, identifies risk assessments and mitigation planning
- Scheduling, managing meeting agendas and capturing meeting minutes and action items for recurring and ad hoc meetings
- Building R&D budget and forecasts; resource allocation and tracking
- BS in a Science discipline with 3 years of experience in biopharma industry with minimum 2 years in project management
- PMI certification preferred but not required
- Candidates with advanced degrees (MS or PhD) will also be considered in lieu of industry experience
- Must have prior project management experience in a multifunctional, matrixed team setting
- Must have knowledge in Project Management tools and possess knowledge of related disciplines
- Must have knowledge of such principles as GMPs, FDA guidelines and purchasing practices
- Knowledge of drug discovery and development process highly desired
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills required, ability to build relationships across different functions at all organization levels in a fast-moving drug discovery/development environment
- Demonstrated competencies in meeting facilitation, timeline management and project/budget planning
- Ability to understand technical aspects in multiple disciplines and communicate clearly in written formats as well as oral presentations
- Must be self-motivated and be capable of analyzing and solving problems through innovative thought and experience using project management tools
- Hard working and energetic
- This is a full time, office-based position in Lexington, MA.
Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Project Manager
Location: Lexington, MA.