Cyteir Therapeutics, Inc. is a privately held, preclinical stage biotechnology company with research labs based in Lexington MA. Financially backed by top venture capital investors, Cyteir is developing the next generation of synthetic lethal therapies to treat cancer.
We are seeking bright, highly motivated, and organized individuals who are interested in joining a dynamic and intellectually challenging environment. Successful candidates will be optimistic, solutions-oriented, accountable, and open-minded with a positive, can-do attitude and a strong ability to solve problems. We are seeking a self-motivated Senior Accountant to join our accounting team. This individual must have the ability to work under pressure and with a sense of urgency. Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Senior Accountant will participate in various aspects of the month-end close and the preparation and distribution of the financial reporting package. This position will be exposed to multiple areas of accounting and will allow for continued learning and career advancement as the company grows.
- Assist with the month-end financial statement closing process, including journal entries and account reconciliations
- Research and document technical accounting and reporting matters; stay current on all pending/new accounting and analyze potential impact on the Company’s financial reporting
- Preparation for and supporting quarterly and annual financial statement reviews and audits
- Prepare and manage any external reporting, including drafting and reviewing documents, coordinating review by management, legal counsel and independent accountants while adhering to strict timelines
- Processing payroll; manage semi-monthly payroll processing along with corresponding month end journal entries, reconciliations and annual W2 reporting processing. Serve as primary contact for payroll related questions with employees. Partner with Human Resources for payroll related matters such as new hires, terminations, annual compensation changes, benefits and change of status.
- Processing accounts payable; responsible for vendor payable processing from receipt of invoices to payment. Serve as accounts payable liaison to customers, vendors and consultants. Provide timely responses to inquiries. Prepares Form 1099s annually.
- Coding and analysis of transactions against budget/forecast
- Assist with the annual audit and tax workpapers
- Streamlining of internal processes
- Other projects as assigned
- High degree of integrity and ethics
- Exceptional organizational/problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to high standards of excellence
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication
- Well-developed financial and business acumen/analytical skills
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- Effective at partnering with the operational side of the business
- 4 years minimum accounting and finance experience
- Mix of both private and public company experience highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA desirable
- NetSuite experience a strong plus
- SEC reporting experience a strong plus
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with managing payroll (ADP) and employee benefits a strong plus
- Proficient in Excel
We offer an outstanding compensation package, including a full suite of benefits.