Director/Sr. Director Project Management
Do you want to work for a patient centric, biopharma company whose mission is to help cancer patients? Come join us as we reshape the future! We will never force you to think outside the box, because we don’t believe in the concept of box in the first place. Reporting to the Chief Business Officer, the project manager will be part of a cross-functional team whose singular focus is to bring ground-breaking therapies to cancer patients quickly and responsibly. The ideal candidate will have experience bringing drug candidates through different phases of drug development process, strive for excellence, is persistent but collaborative, pragmatic, detail-oriented and above all, always maintain a sense of humor.
Program Timelines, Activity Planning and Execution
- Manages Cyteir’s overall project portfolio focusing primarily on the current lead candidate but also the preclinical discovery stage and IND-enabling stage projects, integrating overall portfolio timelines, resource needs and budgets
- Responsible for supporting the CMC strategy execution to enable effective initiatives for supply continuity, risk management, launch execution. Use data-driven decision-making processes to enable timely and objective recommendations for continuation, acceleration, reprioritization, redesign of the development plan
- In collaboration with leadership and functional leaders, develops product development plans, clinical development plans, project plans including project goals, deliverables, responsibilities, timelines, and budgets with cross-functional project teams
- Works with functional leaders and team members to meet project and corporate goals within the allocated budget on time
- Reports on progress of projects, plans/plan changes, critical path, possible scenarios, and issues/risks/impact to executive management
- Works with functional leaders to solve issues that become critical
- Participates in key business initiatives: for example, evaluation of new opportunities (i.e.: in-licensing candidates), due diligence, and provides overall support for assessing resource requirements for potential opportunities
- Develops budgets and hiring plans for each project in collaboration with finance and functional leaders
- Monitors expenditures; manages variance between budgeted and actual expenditures of time, dollars, and personnel.
Resource and Issue Management
- Proactively and regularly identifies/monitors project risks before they transform into issues; communicates timely and proactively project-related issues to senior executive management and manages issues to resolution.
- Proactively responds to the dynamics of a changing marketplace; directs adjustments in plans and timelines in response to changes in strategic direction.
- Creates and maintains systems/databases for the purpose of tracking key performance indicators, trending, learning, and improving decisions regarding program performance and continuance
Due Diligence, Business Development and Alliance Projects
- Supports evaluation of new opportunities by providing supporting timeline estimates, and resource projections
Leadership, Task Force Participation, Executive Management Accountability
- Consults with management and functional heads to deliver accurate and timely project status and deliverable information (e.g., studies/projects) on-time and on-budget (including proficient use of systems to improve reporting or access to data).
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication, motivational and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize effectively and creatively, exhibit flexibility in a changing, fast-paced environment and communicate effectively with a multi-site team
- Proficient with project tracking tools, e.g. Smartsheet, Microsoft Project and Excel and presentation tools, e.g. PowerPoint
- Scientific degree (BS, MS, PhD, or PharmD)
- 6+ years related experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with working knowledge of research and development and commercial operations
- Previous PM Experience in pharmaceutical development and manufacturing highly desired
- Experience with working with a matrix team
- IND/NDA/MAA/Submission experience
- Ability to partner with all functions to drive, deliver and maximize asset value
- Oncology Therapeutic area knowledge preferred
COVID vaccine and booster required