Associate Project Manager
Reporting to the VP, Research and Development Project Leadership, the Associate Project Manager supports research and development projects for Cyteir’s clinical stage lead compound CYT-0851, for translational biomarker research and development projects, as well as for discovery biology projects. He/she will work closely with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced and exciting environment to assure appropriate planning and budgeting as well as timely execution of critical corporate goals.
- Under supervision of Program Lead, provide general project management support for an oncology program which includes both clinical-stage and discovery-stage projects. Project management support includes:
- Project planning and building timelines with identified dependencies (sets the project schedule, aligns resources and provides ongoing analysis of financial and schedule performance)
- In conjunction with the Project Team, identifies risk assessments and mitigation planning
- Scheduling, managing meeting agendas and capturing meeting minutes and action items for recurring and ad hoc meetings
- Building R&D budget and forecasts; resource allocation and tracking
- BS in a Science discipline with 6 years of experience in biopharma industry with minimum 2 years in project management
- PMI certification preferred but not required
- Candidates with advanced degrees (MS or PhD) will also be considered in lieu of industry experience (2 years of PM experience is a must regardless of education level)
- Must have prior project management experience in a multifunctional, matrixed team setting
- Must have knowledge in Project Management tools and possess knowledge of related disciplines
- Must have knowledge of such principles as GMPs, FDA guidelines and purchasing practices
- Knowledge of drug discovery and development process highly desired
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills required, ability to build relationships across different functions at all organization levels in a fast-moving drug discovery/development environment
- Demonstrated competencies in meeting facilitation, timeline management and project/budget planning
- Ability to understand technical aspects in multiple disciplines and communicate clearly in written formats as well as oral presentations
- Must be self-motivated and be capable of analyzing and solving problems through innovative thought and experience using project management tools
- Hard working and energetic.
- This is a full time, office-based position in Lexington, MA.