Senior Director, Molecular Diagnostics
Reporting to the Chief Scientific Officer, the Senior Director, Molecular Diagnostics, is responsible for managing all activities associated with the Molecular Diagnostics program supporting the Cyteir Therapeutics pipeline, including full leadership in terms of strategies, costs, methods, and departmental employees. The Senior Director will develop strategies to ensure effective achievement of diagnostic strategies for supporting regulatory approval of companion diagnositics required for the commercialization of Cyteir Therapeutics’ drugs. He/she will direct research efforts in identifying, evaluating, and validating new diagnostic approaches and technologies for personalized oncology therapeutic programs. In addition, the Senior Director will drive company visibility by making major contributions through scientific and/or patent literature and conferences, and provide technical knowledge and advice to corporate decision makers on critical therapeutic projects and acquisition and licensing decisions.
- Assume responsibility of the biomarker/diagnostics for the Rad51/AID program, currently in preclinical development globally.
- Generate a Biomarker Strategy for the co-development of a companion diagnostic to determine AID+ status.
- Identify a Diagnostic partner and drive the interaction and execution of the AID companion diagnostic development plan.
- Deliver a validated AID in vitro diagnostic test for supporting the clinical development of the Rad51 program
- Identify partner(s) for developing circulating tumor cell assays for the assessment of AID
- Implement pharmacogenetic analyses of clinical samples.
- Contribute to overall strategic development of the company, especially with regard to molecular diagnostics. Participate in the development and management of relevant budgets.
- Be involved in review/due diligence of new target opportunities, lead the development of appropriate biomarker and diagnostics plans, and then manage their execution.
- Help build out the Translational Medicine organization for Cyteir as the company grows. Recruit team members who will execute dry-lab and wet-lab functions (bioinformatics, oncogenomics, molecular biology, cell biology etc) at the right time to ensure seamless but efficient growth.
- Identify, engage, and manage relationships and contracts with contract research organizations to ensure program progress and success.
- Initiate academic collaborations to identify and evaluate pharmacodynamic and predictive biomarkers for the Rad51 program and future programs.
- Drive interaction between Translational Medicine and other cross functional teams, including Clinical, Operations, and Regulatory, to support all Clinical Biomarker activities.
- A PhD in Molecular Genetics or related field, the Sr. Dir. Molecular Diagnostics will have at least eight years of experience in the diagnostics/pharmaceutical industry. With a focus on personalized medicine, he or she will have previous experience as a leader in the biopharmaceutical industry with demonstrated leadership in the successful management of molecular diagnostics programs in oncology, including:
- PhD (or equivalent) in Molecular Genetics or related field, with at least 5 years of experience in the area of molecular diagnostics
- Demonstrable excellence in the line management of other team members, ideally including other PhDs
- Assessment of cutting-edge molecular techniques/platforms including whole genome mRNA/miRNA profiling, circulating tumor cells, DNA sequencing, and protein analyses;
- Good understanding of bioinformatic approaches for mass data analysis, including genomic, transcriptomic, and proteomic data;
- Development of biomarker strategies for clinical implementation;
- Successful execution of pre-clinical programs for the identification and evaluation of candidate biomarkers for predicting therapeutic response;
- Successful registration of companion diagnostic
- Execution of genome-wide analyses and synthesis with cancer biology;
- Maintenance of program budgets and timelines;
- Interpretation, summarization and presentation of scientific data;
- Assistance in the preparation of study reports and publications;
- Excellent verbal, written and public speaking skills.
The Senior Director, Molecular Diagnostics will be a dynamic and innovative scientist with a well-developed sense of teamwork. He or she will have the interpersonal skills required to collaborate communicate effectively with first-rate scientific teams across the organization, playing a critical role in the co-development of companion diagnostics to support the development of exciting new therapies in the treatment of cancer.
- This is an office-based position in Cambridge, MA. Travel will be required up to 30%.
SENIOR DIRECTOR, MOLECULAR DIAGNOSTICS
- Reports To: CSO
- Department: Research
- Job Location: Cambridge, MA
- Base: Office