Cyteir Therapeutics, Inc. is a privately held, preclinical stage biotechnology company with research labs based in Lexington MA. Financially backed by top venture capital investors, Cyteir is developing the next generation of synthetic lethal therapies to treat cancer and autoimmune disease.
We are seeking a self-motivated Senior Accountant to join our accounting team. This individual must have the ability to work under pressure and with a sense of urgency. Reporting to the CFO, the Senior Accountant will participate in various aspects of the month-end close and the preparation and distribution of the financial reporting package. This position will be exposed to multiple areas of accounting and will allow for continued learning and career advancement as the company grows.
- Balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Preparation of journal entries.
- Processing payroll.
- Processing accounts payable.
- Coding and analysis of transactions against budget/forecast.
- Assist with the annual audit and tax workpapers.
- Streamlining of internal processes.
- Assistance with government grant accounting and reporting.
- Other projects as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Exceptional organizational/problem solving skills.
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to high standards of excellence.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication.
- Well developed financial and business acumen/analytical skills.
- QuickBooks Online financial systems experience a strong plus.
- Experience with managing payroll (ADP) and employee benefits
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Effective at partnering with the operational side of the business.
- 4 years minimum accounting and finance experience.
- Mix of both private and public company experience highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA desirable.
We are seeking bright, highly-motivated, and organized individuals who are interested in joining a dynamic and intellectually challenging environment. Successful candidates will be optimistic, solutions-oriented, accountable, and open-minded with a positive, can-do attitude and a strong ability to solve problems.