Reporting to the Head of Discovery Biology, the Scientist will carry out innovative, laboratory research to develop new biological assays, and to elucidate the mechanism of action for current and new target small molecule programs. You will work in a laboratory-based team setting, conducting molecular, biochemical, and cell biological research. This individual will have a strong background in the life sciences, experience in basic biological research, a demonstrated ability to work independently, and the requisite laboratory skills to execute a rigorous scientific plan in collaboration with other team members. You will be responsible for generating rational hypotheses and designing critical tests of those hypotheses; generation of rigorous, high-quality scientific data; meticulous record keeping; independent and supervised trouble-shooting; and timely generation of research reports.
- Develop and implement new assays for biological activity and new biomarkers for use in vitro and in vivo
- Optimize and execute biological assays with high quality and reproducibility
- Support preclinical PK/PD testing
- Carry out molecular, biochemical, and cell biological research into bioactivity and biological mechanisms related to drug action
- Design, develop, and execute microscopy-based assays.
- Work with other team members to achieve discovery biology goals.
- Extensive laboratory skills and knowledge of research laboratory best practices
- Skill in developing and running biological assays (experience in an industry setting is a plus)
- Basic and advanced cell culture proficiency, including skills with lentiviral vectors and transduction, human and animal cell biology, biochemistry, assay development and/or small molecule testing/screening
- Experience and working knowledge of immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry and microscopy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet aggressive timelines
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- Solid writing, presentation and communication skills
- PhD (or equivalent), in the biological or pharmaceutical sciences; or MS in the biological or pharmaceutical sciences with 3-5 years industry experience.
- Background in oncology or immunology.
- Strong track record of productivity
- Solid foundation of biological knowledge
- Experience working in an integrated team environment
- A collaborative work ethic
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to be flexible and change directions quickly.
- Self-motivated individual
- Reports To: Head of Discovery Biology
- Department: Research and Development
- Job Location: Lexington, MA
- Base: Office